A Welcome from the President of the Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention (SAIP)
Welcome to the SAIP homepage. Since 1999, the SAIP has been the sole organization focused on atherosclerosis imaging and its application to prevention. Our mission is accomplished by a worldwide network of experts and committed members contributing to consensus statements, educational meetings and symposia.
If you are not currently a member of SAIP, we invite you to join and take an active role in the growth and development of the organization. I’m excited that many of our new initiatives have contributed to the growing relevance of our organization. These initiatives include:
- Reorganization of SAIP into three "Councils" based on imaging modalities and interests. These are:
- Carotid Intima Media Thickness Council
- Prevention Council
- Tomographic Imaging Council
- Key document formulation including:
- CIMT Appropriateness Criteria
- Guideline on Serial CIMT Testing
- Standardized Definition of CIMT
- Standards of CIMT Performance and Training
- Standards for Radiation Protection in Noncontrast Cardiac CT
- Extremely successful Annual Scientific Sessions this year in Bethesda featuring an internationally faculty
SAIP Officers represent the membership’s interests in several high profile forums including the American Heart Association (AHA) Council on Radiology, the Coalition of Cardiovascular Organizations (CCO) and in committees and writing groups of the American College of Cardiology (ACC).
I encourage your membership and, if already a member, your active participation. Please submit a membership application found on this website and don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information.
Daniel Edmundowicz, MS, MD, FACC